I’ve been away for a bit – Let’s Play Catch Up!
Hey folks, I know I haven’t written anything of late here, but I have good reasons!
- I haven’t had the urge to write much
- I’ve been designing a Star Wars Saga Edition Role Playing Game campaign to run on my birthday for my friends
- We have a new dog here and he’s a handful
- I started and beat Assassin’s Creed II, Mr. Robot, and Recettear
- I started Assassin’s Creed: Brotherhood at my friends house
- Star Trek Online had a big update that kept me playing for a couple of days straight
- A few other odds and ends that really don’t matter to this project of mine
Let me just say that Assassin’s Creed II (I played it via Steam) is hands down an improvement over the first installment in the series. That said, Brotherhood plays even better (can’t wait for the PC version to come out… I prefer the controls on the computer!). In the spirit of beating games, I dug out my copy of Mr. Robot and whipped that in a couple of days. I also picked up Recettear on Steam and beat that in a couple of days (much fun!).
Star Trek Online did a big environmental update that changed the Sector Space portion of the game into a more graphically pleasing and “natural” environment. Further, they upgraded their crafting system so that the players can build another 400 or so items. End result? My ship, the U.S.S. Iowa-B now has souped up weapons! I spent a lot of time crafting those Phasers and Photon Torpedo Launchers, and they were SO worth it!
If I may, here’s my usual gaming schedule (always subject to changes):
- Monday Night – Lord of the Rings Online with a friend
- Tuesday Night – Hanging out with a friend at his place, playing the flavor of the week
- Wednesday Night – D&D Online with friends
- Friday Night – Star Trek Online with friends
- Saturday Night – D&D 4th Edition at a friend’s place
- Every other Sunday – D&D 3.5 at another friend’s place
Hey, it keeps me busy!
Until next time! Keep on playing!
P.S. My ship that you see above is named for the U.S.S. Iowa BB-61, the last lead ship of any class of United States battleships. My grandfather commissioned her in 1943 and served on her during World War II. “The Big Stick” is a source of pride in my family and my grandfather was quite tickled that I named my ship for the Iowa. If you look above, I even got the BB-61 on her somewhere.
P.P.S. “All you need to know is this. There are two kinds of games: games that I stop playing because I’ve been bored or frustrated into a state approaching rigor mortis, and games that I stop playing because I’ve just noticed I should have had dinner two hours ago.” – Zero Punctuation
P.P.P.S. I’m using Wikipedia links for my references because in the linked articles, there are links to other relevant sources for whatever I’m referencing. This makes things way easier on me and on you, the reader. Enjoy!
EDIT: December 24th, 1:45 AM – I just got off playing some Star Trek Online and the U.S.S. Iowa-B is looking spiffy with the addition of some cool new equipment. My friend and I refer to it as “Tronning out”. Enjoy!
She looks so awesome! Until next time!
This entry was posted on December 19, 2010 by Elorfin. It was filed under Exposition and was tagged with Assassin's Creed Brotherhood, Assassin's Creed II, DDO, Dungeons & Dragons, Dungeons & Dragons Online, Lord of the Rings Online, LOTRO, Mr. Robot, Recettear, Star Trek Online, Star Wars Saga Edition Role Playing Game, STO.